Brite Systems is an Information Technology company specializing in consulting and software development. We have been successfully implementing solutions for the public and private sector since 2006.
We are focused on providing our clients with simplified, innovative technology solutions to improve and streamline the user experience. Brite Systems confidently brings the right people, customized approach, and successful track record to each opportunity. If you are looking to be part of a strong, collaborative culture, Brite Systems is the place for you to grow your career.
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Salesforce Certification.
- 5-10 years of Salesforce experience: strong understanding of Salesforce platform (custom objects, Apex, reports, process builder, lead conversion, etc.).
- Direct experience with SFDC Sales Cloud and Service Cloud (application design, architecture and development using Salesforce.com).
- Strong SFDC knowledge and Integration components for SFDC ( for example, SFDC APIs, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callout, outbound messaging, SFDC data loaders and ETL Tools).
- Strong architectural and technical foundation including: 5+ years experience with advanced structured programming - APEX, Force.com, .Net, Java, SOA.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts and structures, knowledge of SQL, structured system analysis and design patterns.
- Strong understanding and experience of SDLC and IT governance methodologies, tools and approaches to successful project implementations; including Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies and project management principles.
Brite Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Ability to lead, motivate, encourage and influence others to perform towards a common goal.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across business groups.
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply state policies and rules regarding IT.
- Be able to communicate with staff and users on technical and nontechnical issues.